Vials – CO2 Sensor:
Carbon dioxide is a universal metabolite produced by all microorganisms. A disposable test vial contains two zones:
Incubation zone at the top of the vial containing the media, sample and microorganisms
Reading zone with a transparent solid sensor located that changes color whenever CO2 diffuses due to microorganism growth. Only gases can penetrate the sensor that blocks liquids, microorganisms and product turbidity. Changes are observed in the reading zone.
The sample is pipetted directly into ready-to-use vials. Between 0.1-1.0 ml can be directly added to a vial (depending upon the desired sensitivity). Coliform test completed in 12 hours. Yeast and Molds in 48 hours.
The BioLumix system is designed to accelerate product release with a simplified, automated approach. This yields fast, accurate, and real-time results while reducing costs. The BioLumix offers real-time results of contaminated samples, saving hours, or possibly even days. Completed Coliform or Enterobacteriaceae results are obtained within 12 hours; Yeast and Mold results are obtained within 48 hours.
- Significant savings in labor and disposables due to direct inoculation of vials
- Pipette sample directly to ready-to-use vials
- Automated system eliminates operator involvement
- Results presented as soon as detections occur
- “Out of spec” samples are “flagged” in red, demanding attention
- The greater the contamination level, the faster the result
- Between 0.1-1.0 ml can be directly added to a vial (depending upon the desired sensitivity)
- Changes are monitored by optical sensor 10 times per hour
- Samples can be pooled
- Faster turn-around time: Coliform test completed in 12 hours; Yeast and Molds in 48 hours